Monday, December 2, 2013

Accidentally "Eggcellent" Scrambled Eggs


Hopefully everyone had a wonderfully wonderful Thanksgiving! I don't know about you, but I'm still in the process of recovering from the food coma that hit me post-holiday. All I want to do right now is take a nap. One very longggggg nap.


Anthony and I went to my parent's house on Thursday and, in standard fashion, my mom prepared every possible Thanksgiving item under the sun.

I was in charge of the vegetarian stuffing, so I made Ree Drummond's recipe for cornbread stuffing which can be found here...


And my mom made this delicious turkey among many other things... 


She also made Ina Garten's smoked salmon spread which was a huge hit... recipe can be found here... 


So, why are eggs on the menu today might you ask? Well, the day after Thanksgiving, Anthony and I couldn't look at another slice of turkey, platter of stuffing, baked potato, or anything of that sort. We just wanted something non-Thanksgivingy... like a hearty serving of eggs. So, I figured since we had some leftover herbs from Thanksgiving, that I'd get all fancy and make us herbed scrambled eggs. The concoction turned out delicious and, since I was just playing around with the ingredients, I'd like to say they earned the title 'accidentally eggcellent eggs!' 

Now, you can totally get creative with this recipe and use whatever herbs you might have in your fridge... and don't feel like you have to be tied down to feta cheese! Be adventurous and find what mixture you like best!

Accidentally "Eggcellent" Scrambled Eggs

INGREDIENTS 
Serves 2-3
  • 6 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons whole milk
  • 1 tablespoon salted butter
  • 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
  • 1/3 cup herbed feta cheese (or herbed goat cheese if you prefer!) 
  • Salt & pepper

DIRECTIONS
  1. Crack your eggs into a large bowl and scramble well
  2. Add your milk, thyme, and cheese into the egg mixture. Stir until combined.
  3. Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat
  4. Add eggs into skillet and stir frequently as they're cooking to scramble.
  5. Once the eggs are cooked through, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. 
  6. Serve and enjoy! 








No comments:

Post a Comment