|Photo Courtesy of Chef in Training|
Our favorite were these Nutella Banana Cookies off a wonderful blog called Chef in Training. We happened to have two bananas and some eggs that needed to go ASAP so it was PERFECT.
When you're not stuck in a hurricane, these cookies only require you to go out and buy nine ingredients, making it both inexpensive and easy.
Nutella Banana Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups of Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 3/4 Cup Shortening
- 2 Large Mashed Ripe Bananas
- 1 Egg
- 1 3/4 Cups Oats
- 1/4 Cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl
- Cut in shortening
- Beat in mashed ripe bananas and egg
- Mix in oats
- Take a knife and 'slice' Nutella into batter with a knife. Don't mix it in completely, the stripes are what makes them pretty!
- Spoon 'drops' onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 8-10 minutes (Note: this is a lot softer than normal cookie dough and will not form balls, hence spoon 'drops')