Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Couple of This Week's Creations

I did have some time to try a couple new (and delicious) recipes this week which I thought might be fun to share.

First off, a delicious veggie burger from one of my favorite guys on the Food Network, The Sandwich King. If you haven't checked out his recipes you should... Since they're mostly sandwiches (obviously), the recipes are pretty quick and painless. Plus, anything between two slices of bread is bound to be delicious! I'm also always impressed when someone comes up with a good veggie burger recipe that not only tastes good, but also stays together while being cooked.

I do not (I repeat, do not) like cucumber at all, so I didn't bother making the yogurt sauce. Instead, we just had the burger between two slices of potato roll with a little fontina cheese on top.

The Sandwich King's Veggie Burger with a little side o' asparagus
Next are some yummy yummy enchiladas. The recipe is from a restaurant called Casa Vega in Sherman Oaks, California which I stumbled upon on another blog called Kasey's Kitchen. Never been to the place, but I sure as hell want to go now after tasting these enchiladas. They're amazing and surprisingly quick. The best part was my hubby decided he wanted in on the cooking action that night so we made them together... a.k.a. he made the rice since he's not allowed near our new knives after a little incident he had cutting a bagel last week ;)

Casa Vega Enchiladas
Sorry for the sub-par photos. Everything would've been long gone by the time I got out my big camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment