Sometimes, after a long week in the fall, there's nothing I'd rather come home to than warm soup. A bowl of your favorite concoction that you can take to the couch, curl up with under a blanket and watch the shows that you DVR'd over the course of the week.
So here are my five favorite soup recipes as of late (in no particular order)... They're a good mix of heavy, light and healthy.
What's your favorite fall soup? I'm especially looking for a good butternut squash soup recipe!
1. The Pioneer Woman's Perfect Potato Soup - although its probably not the healthiest of the bunch, it definitely wins the award for being the most down-right delicious.
|Photo courtesy of www.thepioneerwoman.com|
2. Giada's Lentil Soup - the sage in this soup adds a wonderful flavor which makes it a little different than your run-of-the-mill lentil soup.
|Photo courtesy of www.foodnetwork.com|
3. SkinnyTaste.com's Spinach Stracciatella Soup - This was a favorite of my mom's growing up. In Italian, straccia means rag, and when you make the soup the egg drops end up looking exactly like little rags (too cute). Sidenote: if you're ever looking for healthy meals, I'm a huge fan of this blog... check out their recipe page.
|Photo courtesy of www.skinnytaste.com|
4. Serious Eats Hearty White Bean and Spinach Soup with Rosemary and Garlic - This soup is light, flavorful, and incredibly fast to make. It also freezes very well.
|Image courtesy of www.seriouseats.com|
5. The Lady's Chicken Noodle Soup - A list of favorite soups wouldn't be a list of favorite soups without chicken noodle, now would it?
|Photo courtesy of www.pauladeen.com|