Monday, November 11, 2013

Weekend Bites!


Weddings are just so fun.

I know, here I am stating the obvious (per usual), but let me explain. I'm not just talking about the fact that they involve a bunch of elated family and friends coming together to celebrate people that they love.

They're also so fun because each one is incredibly unique! Every wedding I've attended over the past year (we're now approaching the sixth wedding of six) is such a perfect expression of the couple being celebrated. Think about it: you spend a year (sometimes more) planning each and every detail of that day down to the fork on the table. The bride and groom put so much effort into making their special day THEIRS... A day that will leave an imprint on their memory for ever and ever.

That being said - and maybe it's because I just had my own wedding - I've really grown to appreciate and take note of all the small details. In my opinion, a wedding is a true success when, as a guest, you look at the day overall and your reaction is, "wow, that celebration was the perfect epitome of (insert name of couple here)."

Anyway, I'm stop blabbing... I'm assuming you've figured out by now that Anthony and I were at a wedding this weekend (ha)! Two of our friends from college had a beautiful ceremony in Philadelphia which we couldn't have been more thrilled to be a part of! We even got a chance to snap the obnoxious (post-cocktail hour) photo booth shots above...

When we woke up on Sunday morning in Philly, the only thing we wanted to do was get home, head straight to the couch and watch football (is it me, or do the rides home from weddings seem like an ETERNITY?). Clearly a post-wedding football Sunday deserves some killer comfort food!

We whipped up a huge batch of Pat Neelys 'Famous Beef & Pork Chili.' It totally hit the spot.

Photo Credit: My dysfunctional iPhone
Chili isn't chili without a side of cornbread, so we also made this recipe for 'Grandmother's Buttermilk Cornbread.' If there was something higher than an A+ this cornbread would have earned it. It was amazing!

Anyway, hope everyone has a great week and I'll check back in soon with a new recipe!

UPDATE: The photo of the chili above was retweeted by Pat Neely! I jumped up and down. Literally.


No comments:

Post a Comment