Friday, January 9, 2015

Today I Begin a Four Week Detox...

... It started this morning and I've already had to tear myself away from two separate cookie counters.

This should get interesting reallll fast.

You see, I'm not exactly the detox type. Actually, to put it bluntly, I suck at detoxes. I've tried a few different ones - from pure juice cleanses to Dr. Oz's 48-hour weekend cleanse (thanks, Dr. Oz, for teaching me how much I absolutely detest quinoa and chopped prunes for breakfast) - and have failed multiple times.

Keeping all this in mind, when my friend, Jenelle, told me she was doing Transformation One's Four Week Group Cleanse I was incredibly hesitant to pay the $ and jump on board. However, my tight-fitting jeans have left me desperate to find a way to eat healthier, and this plan offered a few perks that I haven't found with other detoxes:
  • First and foremost it's being run by someone who is related to a best friend of mine... meaning that the program can be trusted and I can 100% rely on the moderator as a support system. 
  • Secondly, it's much easier to work out and eat well if you have a support system and others participants who are holding you accountable... That's where the 'group' part comes in. With weekly calls and constant email contact, this cleanse makes it difficult for you to stray from the path of healthy, clean eating. 
  • And finally - the cherry on top of the cake (ughhh I want cake!) - is that you can still eat real food... just in moderation with ingredients that are approved by the program's moderator. 
So, farewell coffee, farewell beloved bourbon, and farewell sugar... You'll be missed, but we shall meet again in four weeks time.

Don't worry, though, I have a couple recipes that I've stored up to post in the coming weeks! Who knows, maybe some healthy ones will be coming your way.

Stay tuned!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment